APPLICATIONS FOR UNSW INDIGENOUS ADMISSION SCHEME ARE NOW OPEN
About the Program
The UNSW Indigenous Admission Scheme provides an alternative pathway for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into UNSW undergraduate degree programs. If you are interested in studying Business, Law, Education, Medicine, Social Work, Science or Engineering please refer to the Pre-Programs information. The scheme is administered by Nura Gili in conjunction with the UNSW Admissions Office. Assessment for entry is coordinated by Nura Gili in conjunction with Faculties and Schools across the University.
All enquiries should be directed to Nura Gili. Please contact Nura Gili on (02) 9385 3805 or email email@example.com
How does the program work?
Entry to undergraduate UNSW programs via this program involves three components: the submission of an application to the Universities Admission Centre (UAC); the completion of the online application form for Nura Gili; and undertaking an interview and a written task related to your course preference. Entry through this program means, consideration is given to an applicant’s relevant life, work, educational and training experience as preparation for study, in addition to any formal qualifications. The interview assists us to ensure an applicant is selecting the most appropriate course for their interests. The written task assists us to assess an applicant’s likelihood for academic success and the level of academic support that may be required in the first year of study.
Interviews will be held at UNSW Kensington Campus and Paddington Campus on the following days and times.
|FACULTY||DATE||TIME||APPLICATION CUT OFF|
|All faculties||Between Monday October 28 - November 1, 2019.||9:30am - 4:30pm||11 October|
|All faculties||Between Monday December 2-6, 2019.||9:30am - 4:30pm||15 November|
Who can apply?
All Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can apply to UNSW through the UNSW Indigenous Admission Scheme, and it is available for undergraduate courses at UNSW. You can apply if you have not completed school or achieved a requisite ATAR score for entry into your preferred course of study. This admission scheme is designed to assess your capacity to study at a tertiary level in your preferred area of study.
What must you do?
Lodgement of this application form initiates the admission process, and does not grant actual enrolment. The process is carried out in four main steps:
- Lodgement of an application with the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). Your UAC application number is required for the next step. Visit the UAC website for further details.
- Complete the UNSW Indigenous Admissions Scheme Application Form and submit by 15th of November, 2019.
- Supplying evidence of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent with your application. Please refer to Nura Gili’s Confirmation of Aboriginality policy for further information
- Your application will be assessed and if successful you will be asked to attend an interview with Nura Gili and Faculty staff at the UNSW Kensington campus in Sydney.
You are encouraged to contact Centrelink to determine if you are eligible for assistance to attend your interview. See Centrelink for further details. If you have any concerns about this process, please contact Nura Gili.
Please note, your application cannot be considered unless all requested documentation is attached to your application.
If you are successful in your application, you will be offered a place at UNSW in Term 1 2020. If you are unsuccessful at any point in this process, Faculty and staff at Nura Gili will provide feedback and advice about other pathways and future applications to UNSW.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Should you require any further information about the program please contact Nura Gili on 02 9385 3805 or firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 11TH OCTOBER (FOR FIRST INTERVIEWS) 15TH NOVEMBER (FOR SECOND INTERVIEWS).
- There will be no follow up for missing documentation therefore please ensure:
- Your application is complete with every document being photocopied and certified by a Justice Of The Peace. If you cannot upload your documents to the site please email them to email@example.com
- You supply a certified photocopy of your confirmation of Aboriginality or equivalent.
- If your application is not complete unfortunately you will not be offered an interview for entry into unsw in 2020.