APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
The Strive BIG Mentoring Program aims to link Year 9 Indigenous high school students with YOU, a current UNSW student.
As a mentor you will explore and take a journey through a strength-based and career pathway coaching program over a 5 week period with your mentee.
The mentoring program will be centred on your mentee's having the opportunity to build self-confidence and gain the relevant learning skills that will provide your mentee's with the opportunity to connect with you. Developing these skills and connection will assist your mentee's to make informed decisions about their educational journey, build resilience and set clear, meaningful and attainable goals to work towards in their future aspirations.
Please be advised this is a volunteer program.
To Be a Strive BIG Mentor You Need To
- Believe in the power of Education
- Be passionate about improving future outcomes for Indigenous Youth
- Understand the barriers between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous youth that may impact their aspirations
- Demonstrate good leadership skills
- Be willing to open up and share your life journey
- Enjoy meeting new people
- Take direction and show initiative
- Be available for every mentoring sessions over the 5 week program
- Be available for the compulsory training sessions. These will be held one or two days before the session is being delivered and will run for 1-2hrs
- Be available for one of the four compulsory info sessions
- Tues, 13 June from 10am - 11am
- Wed, 14 June from 11am - 12pm
- Thurs, 15 June from 1pm - 2pm
- Fri, 16 June from 2pm - 3pm
- Wednesday, 16 August from 9:00am - 11:00am at UNSW Kensington Campus
- Wednesday, 23 August from 9:00am - 11:00am at UNSW Kensington Campus
- Wednesday, 30 August from 9:00am - 11:00am at UNSW Kensington Campus
- Wednesday, 6 September from 9:00am - 11:00am at UNSW Kensington Campus
- Wednesday, 13 September from 9:00am - 11:00am at UNSW Kensington Campus
How To Apply
We are looking for current undergraduate and postgraduate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are currently studying at UNSW.
*Accredited by UNSW Advantage (For recognition on Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement)
For more information about the mentoring program please contact the Dream BIG team via email@example.com or call 02 9385 3805.
*Still to be confirmed