APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 NURA GILI STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM ARE NOW OPEN
Be an active participant in the University recruitment planning sessions and have the ability to contribute to improving the recruitment/conversion process and reaching the universities target of 500 Indigenous students by 2025.
Gain both Professional and Personal development including the opportunity to develop communication, team work and problem solving skills.
Gain workplace experience that can assist in future employment opportunities.
Nura Gili is the Indigenous Programs Unit at UNSW Sydney. Our core business is to: 1) provide support services for Indigenous students; 2) deliver Indigenous studies teaching programs; and 3) conduct research within the field of Indigenous studies. With more than 20 staff and over 1000 students, Nura Gili has a goal of becoming the leading Indigenous Unit within the higher education sector in Australia.
About the role
- $33.21 per hour
Nura Gili is seeking motivated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to be our unit’s student ambassadors. This position works closely with the Outreach, Recuritment and Marketing team and assists in the delivering information on programs offered at UNSW and Nura Gili, admission requirements, student support services and university life. As a student ambassador you will also have the opportunity to attend careers markets, high schools visits and community events/activities. There will also be times when we may require an ambassador to work at Nura Gili assisting with monitoring phones and administration duties.
Ambassadors are required to participate in the major promotional events held by UNSW, such as Year 12 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Info Day, UNSW Open Day and UNSW Info Day.
To be eligible for this position you must be:
- a current Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student studying at UNSW
- UNDERGRADUATE: Be in at least your second year of your undergraduate degree
- POSTGRADUATE: Be enrolled
- Failed no courses in semester two, 2018
- Successfully complete the NSW Workings with Children Check Clearance Application and be cleared to work with minors
- It is a requirement of all UNSW staff who have contact with minors to complete the NSW Working with Children’s Check Clearance application. For the purpose of completing this application you can complete the volunteer application and if you are successful in gaining a student ambassador position you will then need to change your application to a paid clearance that will cost you $80. You can complete the application by the NSW Services Website.
Ambassadors are required to show commitment by attending:
• Approximately 1-5 career markets (day or evening markets)
• UNSW Open Day and Info Day
• Rural events
• 3-4 student presentations (Yr 7-12)
If this position sounds like the right fit for you please complete the application process that includes a personal statement from yourself and attaching a resume.
For further information about the position please contact:
Ms Leearna Williams (Student Recruitment Officer, Nura Gili Indigenous Programs Unit)
(02) 9385 8306
Ms Rebekah Torrens (Student Support Officer, Nura Gili Indigenous Programs Unit)
(02) 9385 3532
Before you complete the online application.
- Please be sure to have your resume, academic transcript and WWCC letter ready to attach to your application. You will not be able to complete the application without these documents.
- You can not save and return to your application later. Please make sure to have all the required information ready.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY, 12 APRIL 2019 (late or incomplete applications will not be accepted)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status is a requirement for this position