APPLICATIONS FOR SUPERVISOR & TUTOR POSITIONS FOR THE 2019 INDIGENOUS PRE-PROGRAM ARE NOW OPEN
Gain both Professional and Personal development including the opportunity to develop communication, team work and problem solving skills.
Gain workplace experience that can assist in future employment opportunities.
Nura Gili is the Indigenous Programs Unit at UNSW Sydney. Our core business is to: 1) provide support services for Indigenous students; 2) deliver Indigenous studies teaching programs; and 3) conduct research within the field of Indigenous studies.
About the role
- $33.21 per hour
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide high level supervision to students attending the Nura Gili Pre-Programs
- Assist with day or night activities as requested by Pre-Programs Coordinator and senior staff
- Work and stay overnight with participants at designated accommodation
- Monitor safety and behaviour of all participants in the program and ensure they always abide by the rules
- Help foster a culturally safe environment for students including both emotional and physical
- Work closely with Nura Gili and Faculty staff and report any issues that may arise
- To positively promote UNSW throughout all aspects of the program
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others in the university
To be eligible for this position you must be:
- a current Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student studying at UNSW
- UNDERGRADUATE: Be in at least your second year of your undergraduate degree
- POSTGRADUATE: Be enrolled
- Successfully complete the NSW Workings with Children Check Clearance Application and be cleared to work with minors
- It is a requirement of all UNSW staff who have contact with minors to complete the NSW Working with Children’s Check Clearance application. For the purpose of completing this application you can complete the volunteer application and if you are successful in gaining a student ambassador position you will then need to change your application to a paid clearance that will cost you $80. You can complete the application by the NSW Services Website.
Supervisors are required to show commitment by:
- Staying overnight with students working two shifts at night from 5pm-10pm & 7am-9am the following morning.
- Weekend supervisors will work from 9am - 5pm Saturday & Sunday.
Tutors are required to:
- Tutor both one on one and in groups.
- Work multiple nights a week between 7pm-10pm.
- Tutors are not required to stay overnight.
If this position sounds like the right fit for you please complete the application process that includes a personal statement from yourself and attaching a resume.
For further information about the position please contact:
Ms Rebekah Torrens (Student Support Officer, Nura Gili Indigenous Programs Unit)
(02) 9385 3532
Before you complete the online application.
- Please be sure to have your resume, academic transcript and WWCC letter ready to attach to your application. You will not be able to complete the application without these documents.
- You can not save and return to your application later. Please make sure to have all the required information ready.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY, 18 October 2019 (late or incomplete applications will not be accepted)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status is a requirement for this position